This is the sequel to PTD 1. It was released on July 24th, 2012, but its Story Mode was not in place until like September that year. Instead, a mode used in only one level in the prequel, called 1v1 Mode, was used. Currently, PTD 2 is on Alpha Version 1.70.5, with the World Tournament Round 4 and final boss Shadow being released. Sam also still has nearly 200 Pokémon to add into the game from other generations.
PTD 2 Features
- Day/Night System, like Sentret can be found in the daytime and Hoothoot can be found in the nighttime, just like the real games, but the game's clock is not your real time, and you can change the time by going to a Pokémon Center in the past
- You use arrow keys to move around, and get to explore the map instead of just clicking on a level and fighting Pokémon like in PTD 1
- You can see the wild Pokémon walking around before you battle them, when you run into a wild Pokémon while walking around, there will be 30 of that Pokémon that will then come out on the left side of the screen, later in the game, you can also find it's evolution in the wave
- Held Items
- First Pokémon in your party follows you around like in the real HeartGold/SoulSilver versions of Pokémon
- Transfering Pokémon from PTD 1 to PTD 2, there is a link in the PTD 1 Pokémon Center that allows you to do this, it says 'Transfer to PTD2!'
- Running Shoes
- Level Cap is 100
- Adopt Now Feature, in the PTD 2 Pokémon Center, you can put a Pokémon up for trade for SnD Coins, choosing from 1 to 20, but it may take days or weeks for someone to buy your Pokémon, even if it is a rare Shiny or Shadow Pokémon
- Get to level up to level 110, once you have beaten 3 out of 4 of the rounds in the World Tournament, you will get to level Pokémon up to level 110 in PTD 2, in which you origanilly cannot do in the original Pokémon games and is very helpful since you learn a special move at level 110 and you will get to hit every Pokémon with OHKO moves, except for the Pokémon in the final boss battle with Shadow, which are level 111
- Convert to Shiny Feature, in the PTD 2 Pokémon Center, there is a feature where you can spend 10 SnD Coins or 800 Daily Coins to convert a Pokémon to Shiny, also, Sam added Shiny Victini and Shiny Glaceon into the game but the only way to get them Shiny is to convert, or trade, ALSO THEY ARE UNHACKABLE
- Hall of Fame Feature, another cool feature in the Pokémon Center, here you can submit your collections of Normal, Shiny, and Shadow Pokémon, they will be posted to the public and all the Pokémon submitted will get a Hall of Fame ribbon, you can also get some cool legendary Pokémon prizes the more Pokémon you submitted, can you catch them all?!