Professor Samuel Oak is a pokemon professor who lives and works at his lab in Pallet Town of the Kanto region. Professor Oak gives out a choice of 3 pokemon for players that are just starting their journy Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
- Oak's Lab: Your newly chosen starter Pokémon is used to defend Professor Oak's Rare Candy from the wild Rattata hypnotized by Team Rocket. Professor Oak's grandson, Gary Oak, finishes off the last of the Rattata with his Blastoise at the end of the level.
- Route 1: Professor Oak sends Gary out to find Ash Ketchum and advises you to be safe while continuing on to this level.
- Route 2: When the small tree is cut without activating the Mr. Mime trade with the Old Man by having an Abra on your team at the time, Professor Oak will arrive and give you the HM Flash.
- Mt. Moon (Challenge Level): Professor Oak asks for your help to protect the level's Rare Candy. Once cleared, Professor Oak will reward you with a Pokedex.
- 1v1 Mode (PTD 2): Professor Oak invents the PokéMatrix, which lets you control as Joey and go through the levels in 1v1 Mode.
|Professor Oak's Pokémon that he gives out to new trainers in the Kanto region|
|Squirtle||Tackle, Tail Whip|
|Ash Ketchum • Gary Oak • Joey • Mewtwo • Maruto|
|Mewthree • James • Jessie • Meowth • Jerry • Tom • Giovanni|
|Brock • Misty • Lt. Surge • Erika • Sabrina • Janine • Blaine • Gary Oak|
|Professor Oak • Camper Luigi • Cal • Bug Catcher • Old Man • Kyogre • Bill • Celebi • Bruno • Sam • Sensei • Groudon • Lorelei • Koga • Lance • Mew|