Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Icon for the Level
|Previous level||Fuchsia Gym|
|Next level||Route 17|
|Objective||Catch Pokémon in the Safari Zone!|
The level starts with Joey, you, Meowth and Erika talking to the Sensei. He then lets the real Janine (2nd to the last) talk to you but Joey interrupts asking where Maruto is. The Sensei has the Giant Muk swallow/cover one Janine (first to the right), who is revealed to be Maruto. Later on, you go out near the Safari Zone entrance and Maruto explains the rules and regulations. Before you come in, Maruto reminds you that none of your Pokémon are allowed in the Safari Zone. He says that you can only throw Rocks and Bait to the Pokémon. Joey volunteers to be the Pokémon. You cannot lose on this stage as Sam has put a rare candy next to your avatar.
|Nidoran ♀||25||Nidoran ♀||25|
|Nidoran ♂||25||Nidoran ♂||25|
The Pokémon which appear are different each time you try the level:
- on the Rhyhorn(1) version , you cannot encounter Tauros, Kangaskhan, Slowpoke, Dratini or Psyduck.
- on the Doduo run, Kangaskhan is available
- on the Rhyhorn(2) run, you encounter a lot of Slowpoke and Chansey; this is a chance to encounter Tauros
- on the Rhyhorn(3) run, you encouter the same Pokémon as in the run above, but the Slowpoke is replaced by a lot of Dratini
- on the Tauros/Kangaskhan run, no Slowpoke, Chansey, or Psyduck; find a bunch of both Tauros and Kangaskhan as well as Dratini.
- If you dont find the pokemon your looking for, don't give up, play the level again, and it should appear. although some, are VERY hard to find/catch.
- While in front of the Safari Zone entrance, Joey remarks about how Ash caught several Tauros while in the Safari Zone. He says that not many people know that but he had forgotten why. This may be a reference to unaired episode of the American Pokémon TV series, "The Legend of Dratini," in which Ash caught 30 Tauros. The episode was never aired by 4Kids Entertainment due to its many uses of guns in the episode.
- Also while in front of the Safari Zone entrance, Meowth remembers how scary Kangaskhan were, as well as mentioning a family that apparantly lives in the Safari Zone. This is a possible reference to an episode of the Pokémon TV series, "The Kangaskhan Kid," in which Team Rocket repeatedly tries to capture a group of Kangaskhan, only to be sent blasting off by the Kangaskhan and a family of feral humans twice. This episode also featured guns, but was aired anyway.
- It takes exactly 3 minutes and 15 seconds to play this level once when at x4 speed.
- This is one of the four levels with the most waves in PTD, tied with Route 15, Route 19, and Pallet Town.
- Exeggutor appears on the level icon, but Exeggutor appears nowhere in the actual level.
- When this level was first released, Joey's attacks were slower. This made catching Tauros and Kangaskhan nearly impossible. It was later fixed.
|Levels • Level Strategies Forum|
|Chapter 1||Oak's Lab • Route 1 • Route 2 • Viridian Forest 1 • Pewter Gym|
|Chapter 2||Route 3 • Viridian Forest 2 • Mt. Moon 1 • Mt. Moon 2 • Cerulean Gym • Cerulean Gym 2|
|Chapter 3||Route 24 • Route 5 • Vermillion City • Vermillion Gym|
|Chapter 4||Diglett's Cave • Rock Tunnel • Lavender Town • Route 8 • Celadon Gym|
|Chapter 5||Rocket Hideout • Pokemon Tower 1 • Pokemon Tower 2 • Route 12 • Saffron City|
|Chapter 6||Saffron Dojo • Route 15 • Fuchsia Gym • Safari Zone • Route 17|
|Chapter 7||Route 19 • Cinnabar Island • Cinnabar Gym • Pallet Town • Viridian City • Viridian Ending|
|Epilogue||Power Plant • Seafoam Island • Victory Road • Elite 4 • Champion • Unknown Dungeon|
|Challenge Mode||Pewter Gym • Old Rod • Mt. Moon • Mt. Moon 2 • Vermillion Gym • Celadon Gym|