|← Previous||Next →|
Sceptile's appearance is based on a lizard. Its neck is somewhat long, and has two crests on its head. Skeptile's eyes are semicircular with yellow scleras and red rims. Sceptile's lower jaw is also colored red, and there is a belt-like band of red coloration on its waist. There is a thin stripe across Sceptile's chest, somewhat resembling the shape of the letter V. Sceptile's plant-like characteristics include the six yellow nodules, described as seeds on its back (similar in appearance to the nodules on leguminous plants that are able to take in nitrogen from the air) and a palm-tree-branch-like tail. Sceptile's arms are long and have 2 thick, sharp, powerful, elongated leaves, and three claws on each. It also has two lines running down the middle of its back.
- Evolve Grovyle
- Evolve Shiny Grovyle
- Evolve Shadow Grovyle
- Overgrow: Powers up Grass-type moves in a pinch.
- Unburden: Raises Speed if a held item is used.
- Sceptile has several traits which makes Sceptile unique compared to the other Grass-type starters:
- It has the lowest HP out of the other fully evolved Grass-type starters.
- It has the fastest Speed out of the other fully evolved Grass-type starters.
- It has the highest total base stats than any other fully evolved starter.
- It is the only starter in Generation 3 that doesn't gain a secondary type.
- Sceptile and its previous evolutions are the only Grass-type Pokémon in the Dragon-type egg group.