Shadow Pokémon are a new type of Pokémon that was added in v5.3. Every obtainable Pokémon in PTD (including legendaries) has a shadow version. They cannot be found in the wild (for their location, see below). They don't receive STAB from Shadow-type moves.
In other Pokémon games, Shadow Pokémon are stronger than regular Pokémon and have many mysterious traits, such as not being able to level up until purified. In PTD, however, the only difference between shadow and regular Pokémon is that Shadow Pokémon can learn Shadow-type moves.
Their appearance is a little different from the normal sprite. They have a dark-purple tint/dark sparkle around them that makes the Pokémon itself look darker than it should be.
In "Random Non-evolved Shadow Pokémon" in the Game Corner, there are 65 different Non-Evolved Shadow Pokémon available from this. Each have an equal chance of being selected: 1.54%
Achievement Shadow Pokemon
- Onix - Pewter Challenge
- Staryu - Cerulean Challenge
- Voltorb - Vermillion Challenge
- Oddish - Celadon Challenge
- Abra - Saffron Challenge
- Grimer - Fuchsia Challenge
- Magmar - Cinnabar Challenge
- Squirtle - Viridian Challenge
Via NPC Trade
- Mr. Mime - Trade Shadow Abra on Route 2
- Jynx - Trade Shadow Poliwhirl in Cerulean Gym 1
- Farfetch'd - Trade Shadow Spearow in Vermillion City
- Lickitung - Trade Shadow Slowbro in Viridian Ending
Former Mystery Gift Pokemon
- They are the opposite of Shiny Pokémon, also called Anti-Shiny Pokémon.
- If you use Shadow Rush in an older version, all the Pokémon will freeze when an attack is launched.
- Shadow Pokemon originally gained 50% less exp than normal Pokemon but Sam changed that, so now they get the same amount as regular Pokemon.
|-||Shadow Rush||55||18||Has normal effectiveness against all Types, and cannot be obtained anyway else.|